Hi Jark,

wow, that's good news!
You are right, the streaming Table API is currently very limited. In the
last month's we changed the internal architecture and put everything on top
of Apache Calcite.
For the upcoming 1.1 release, we won't add new features to the Table API /
SQL. However for the 1.2 release, it we plan to focus on the streaming
Table API and Stream SQL to add support for windowed aggregates and joins,
which corresponds to Task 7 and 9 in the design document. You are
completely right, that we should start to add tickets to JIRA for this. I
will do that tomorrow.

It is great that you have already working code for windowed aggregates and
joins! Here is a link to our current API draft for windows in the Table API
[1]. Would be great if you could share how your API looks like. As you
said, the internals have changed a lot by now, but we might want to reuse
your API for Table API windows and maybe the code of the runtime. However,
we need to go through Calcite for optimization and SQL support, so some
parts need to be definitely changed. Stream SQL is also on the roadmap of
the Calcite community, but it might be that some features that we will need
are not completed yet. So, maybe we help the Calcite community with that as
well.

If you want to contribute, you should first read the how to contribute
guide [2] and guide for code contributions [3].
The general rule is to first open a JIRA and later a pull request. Changes
that are extensive or modify current behavior (except bugs) should be
discussed before starting to work on them.

Looking forward to work with you on Flink,
Fabian

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19kSOAOINKCSWLBCKRq2WvNtmuaA9o3AyCh2ePqr3V5E/edit#heading=h.3iw7frfjdcb2
[2] http://flink.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html