+1

I don't have much to say since this already seems very well worked out.
Just some small remarks:
 - This sentence that describes TaskManager behavior will probably have to
be adapted for FLIP-1, correct? "Loss of connection to the JobManager
results in triggering master-failure recovery (currently: cancel all tasks
form that master)"
 - For docker mode there is this sentence: "To start a Flink job, one
configures a service to start one container of the Job/JobManager image,
and N containers of the TaskManager image." This can be achieved with
Docker compose. We already use this in the docker image that we have in the
Flink source.
 - The design mentions that the ResourceManager should be long running,
especially longer than JobManager lifetime. However, this is only true for
standalone mode and not for Yarn or Mesos which I think will be the two
more important deployment modes. In those two modes it becomes basically a
sub-component of the JobManager. Should this be made more prominent in the
description of the ResourceManager?

Cheers,
Aljoscha