+1 to dropping Hadoop 1.x
I am fairly certain there are very few legacy Hadoop users. 2.x is heavily
used at the moment.
Spark actually changed not just Hadoop but Python versions as well.

Hadoop 3 would take a while to mature so I would suggest holding off on
that after it is well baked in and used.

@Robert , after sufficient folks have responded to this thread and
discussed, if you could kick off a vote (if needed), then we can go ahead
and get that confirmed.
Thanks for bringing it up.

--
Neelesh Srinivas Salian