Hi Naveen,

I could reproduce your problem with the given Hadoop version
(2.7.0-mapr-1607). It seems to me as if this version always tries to use
Kerberos even though I selected the AuthenticationMethod.SIMPLE (no
Kerberos activated). I've also tested it with vanilla Hadoop 2.7.3 and
there it works. Can it be a peculiarity of this MapR Hadoop version? Can
you use the vanilla version or configure Kerberos?

I've pulled in Max who is more involved in Flink's security feature. Maybe
he can tell you a little bit more.

But in any case, the security feature should never interfere with the
normal execution if not activated. This looks like a bug to me. I've filed
a JIRA issue for that [1].

Concerning the MapR filesystem scheme where does flink complain about it?
Maybe you have to specify the proper "maprfs:" scheme when specifying paths?

Till

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Naveen Tirupattur <ntirupat...@maprtech.com