I think Flink ML could be a success. Many use cases out there could benefit
from such algorithms especially online ones.
I agree examples should be created showing how it could be used.

I was not aware of the project re-structuring issues. GPUs is really
important nowdays but it is still not the major reason for not adopting
Flink ML. Flink ML has to be developed further and promoted as previously
stated.

In the meantime as for the reviewing part I am investing time there, so I
would like to see if we can join forces and push stuff.

I am aware of the evaluation framework PR and I will review it this week
hopefully. Bu can we commit on pushing anything given the load people have?

As another option could we propose someone to be the committer there as
well, someone Till will guide if it is needed?

I think we dont need to wait for all issues to be solved first. As for the
big picture re-use makes sense but I think the end result should be
something that benefits
Flink.  I would like to stay in Flink as much as possible from a
UX/features side of view. Of course people already use a number of
libraries for years and what we do by implementing the algorithms is
getting those algorithms to work on large datasets plus for streaming,
keeping the UX familiar at the same time.

I think connecting to external libraries should be done if possible for
things not being your domain like dbs or dfs etc... Is it a domain related
for a streaming engine? Use cases drive that IMHO... Again implementation
should be justified by user needs, if there is no such need no reason to
implement anything.

Just some thoughts...