So how about preparing a code style and corresponding checkstyle and
enabling it gradually module by module whenever shepherd/commiter with
expertise in a module will have time to introduce/check such a change?
Maybe it will make the "snowball effect" happen?
I agree there is no point in preparing code style/checkstyle until it will
be introduced somewhere. I will be willing to work on the checkstyle if
some volunteering modules appear.