Hi Rong,

Thanks for the update!
Please suggest JIRAs to close (or close them yourself if possible) if they
are covered by the ones that you create.

At the moment, we aim for feature parity between SQL and Table API.
So ideally all features are available in both APIs. This is usually not too
complicated, because they have the same internal representation (a Calcite
RelNode tree).
A path that we often take is to start implementing a feature for SQL and
add the missing API and translation step to the Table API afterwards.

In the long run, the Table API might have some shortcuts for features that
are hard to express in SQL but we are not there yet.

Best, Fabian