Hi Renjie,

1) you're right that the Flink session mode does not give you proper job
isolation. It is the same as with Flink 1.4 session mode. If this is a
strong requirement for you, then I recommend using the per job mode.

2) At the moment it is also not possible to define per job resource
requirements when using the session mode. This is a feature which the
community has started implementing but it is not yet fully done. I assume
that the community will continue working on it. At the moment, the solution
would be to use the per job mode to not waste unnecessary resources.

3) I think the assigned ResourceID for a TaskManager is shown in the web UI
and when querying the "/taskmanagers" REST endpoint. The resource id is
derived from the Mesos task id. Would that help to identify which TM is
running on which Mesos task?

Cheers,
Till