Hi Xuefu,

Thanks for your feedback, and mention the compatibility issues.
You are right the change will result version incompatibility. And we my
plan it's will be released in the version of 1.8.x.

To be frank, we have considered the compatibility approach, which is to
retain the current TableEnvironment, and then create a new one, such as
"GeneralTableEnvironment" for unified abstraction, and then Deprecated the
TableEnvironment. But we feel that the code is not clean enough, and the
long-term goal is that we need to make StreamTableEnvironment and
BatchTableEnvironment transparent to the user, so I tend to release this
change in 1.8.x, keeping the status quo in 1.7.x. What do you think? Any
feedback is welcome!

Thanks,
Jincheng

Zhang, Xuefu <xuef...@alibaba-inc.com> 于2018年12月11日周二 下午1:13写道: