Hi Becket,

Thanks for clarifying and updating the draft. The changes look good to me.

I don't feel strong about a 2/3 majority in case of committer/PMC
removal. Like you pointed out, both provide a significant hurdle due to
possible vetos or a 2/3 majority.

Thanks,
Max

On 13.08.19 10:36, Becket Qin wrote:
> Piotr just reminded me that there was a previous suggestion to clarify a
> committer's responsibility when commit his/her own patch. So I'd like to
> incorporate that in the bylaws. The additional clarification is following
> in bold and italic font.
>
> one +1 from a committer followed by a Lazy approval (not counting the vote
>> of the contributor), moving to lazy majority if a -1 is received.
>>

> Note that this implies that committers can +1 their own commits and merge
>> right away. *However, the committe**rs should use their best judgement to
>> respect the components expertise and ongoing development plan.*
>

> This does not really change any of the existing bylaws, just about
> clarification.
>
> If there is no objection to this additional clarification, after the bylaws
> wiki is updated, I'll send an update notice to the voting thread to inform
> those who already voted about this addition.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jiangjie (Becket) Qin
>
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 11:19 AM Becket Qin <becket....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Maximillian,
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback. Please see the reply below:
>>
>> Step 2 should include a personal email to the PMC members in question.
>>
>> I'm afraid reminders inside the vote thread could be overlooked easily.
>>

>> This is exactly what I meant to say by "reach out" :) I just made it more
>> explicit.
>>
>> The way the terms are described in the draft, the consensus is "lazy",
>>> i.e. requires only 3 binding votes. I'd suggest renaming it to "Lazy
>>> Consensus". This is in line with the other definitions such as "Lazy