Thanks Kurt for your inputs!

I agree we should extend Hive code to support non-Hive tables. I have
updated the wiki page to remove the limitations you mentioned, and add
typical use cases in the "Motivation" section.

Regarding comment #b, the interface is defined in flink-table-planner-blink
and only used by the blink planner. So I think "BlinkParserFactory" is a
better name, WDYT?

--
Best regards!
Rui Li