+1

I'm almost always in favour of removing old code instead of continuing to let it rot.

Best,
Aljoscha

On 2021/01/26 14:11, Robert Metzger wrote:
Hi all,

during a security maintenance PR [1], Chesnay noticed that the
flink-swift-fs-hadoop module is lacking test coverage [2].
Also, there hasn't been any substantial change since 2018, when it was
introduced.
On the user@ ML, I could not find any proof of significant use of the
module (no one mentioned any problems with it).

*I propose to remove this module in Flink 1.13*. Otherwise, we would
release a module with known vulnerable dependencies, and an unknown
stability.
If there are users, they can still use the 1.12.0 release of it. If we
notice that there are a lot of users, we can reintroduce the FS, and add
proper tests for it.

Please let me know if you have any concerns, otherwise, I'll remove it.

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/14749