Hi Austin,

Thank you for your thoughts. This is where this discussion stops. This
email thread already contains more characters than the implementation and
what is needed for the next 20 years of maintenance.

It is great that you have a view on modern solutions and thank you for
offering your help with brainstorming solutions. I am responsible for Flink
at Cloudera and we do need an implementation like this and it is in fact
already in production at dozens of customers. We are open to adapting that
to expose a more generic API (and keeping Kerberos to our fork), to
contribute this to the community as others have asked for it and to protect
ourselves from occasionally having to update this critical implementation
path based on changes in the Apache codebase. I have worked with close to a
hundred Big Data customers as a consultant and an engineering manager and
committed hundreds of changes to Apache Flink over the past decade, please
trust my judgement on a simple matter like this.

Please forgive me for referencing authority, this discussion was getting
out of hand. Please keep vigilant.

Best,
Marton