Should we ask on the user mailing list whether anybody is still using
ZooKeeper 3.4 and thus needs support for this version or can a ZooKeeper
3.5/3.6 client talk to a ZooKeeper 3.4 cluster? I would expect that not a
lot of users depend on it but just to make sure that we aren't annoying a
lot of our users with this change. Apart from that +1 for removing it if
not a lot of user depend on it.

Cheers,
Till