Hi Till,

This makes sense to me, in general. I am wondering two things:

* is one release to promote enough or will it lead to a lot of exclusions?
FLIP-27, for example, took much longer to stabilize, I believe. If we
think, this is quite a strict rule, then in my experience, let's rather
start with an easier rule that is broken less, then a strict rule that is
broken from the start.
* If I could choose whether we focus on this FLIP or another follow up of
FLIP-196 like establishing stability guarantees for the REST API, I would
choose the latter.

Cheers,

Konstantin

--