Hi devs,

I’d like to start a discussion about adding support to cache the
intermediate result at DataStream API for batch processing.

As the DataStream API now supports batch execution mode, we see users
using the DataStream API to run batch jobs. Interactive programming is
an important use case of Flink batch processing. And the ability to
cache intermediate results of a DataStream is crucial to the
interactive programming experience.

Therefore, we propose to support caching a DataStream in Batch
execution. We believe that users can benefit a lot from the change and
encourage them to use DataStream API for their interactive batch
processing work.

Please check out the FLIP-205 [1] and feel free to reply to this email
thread. Looking forward to your feedback!

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-205%3A+Support+Cache+in+DataStream+for+Batch+Processing

Best,
Xuannan