Hi Xintong!

Thank you for the valuable input, you are completely right we need to agree
and document these aspects.

Let me try to address some of the questions and others should chip in also
:)

1. Version convention:

I think we should adopt the 3 digit versioning scheme like other flink
projects (I think flink-shaded is a bit of an outlier here).
The preview release should be 0.1.0.

The supported Flink versions should be documented with the release, each
version of the operator should technically be able to support multiple
Flink versions at the same time.
For the preview release this should be Flink version >= 1.14. We should
later come up with a guarantee that we do not drop flink version support
within the same minor version.

The only public API here at the moment are the custom resource definitions.
We agreed to mark them all experimental for the preview release, and I
think for 1.0.0 we  should aim for public evolving.
Otherwise we should respect the Flink guarantees here. Practically this
means that for the preview release we do not guarantee anything in terms of
later compatibility.

2. Release process:
I agree that we should follow the official Flink process as much as
possible (and makes sense) with proper voting etc.

Cheers,
Gyula