Hi Becket,

It is a very useful proposal, thanks for driving it. +1. I'd like to ask
some questions to make sure I understand your thoughts correctly:

1. "For the batch cases, currently the BulkFormat for DataStream is
missing" - true, and there is another option to leverage
StreamFormatAdapter[1]
2. "The following two interfaces should probably be marked as Public for
now and Deprecated once we deprecate the InputFormat / OutputFormat" -
would you like to share some background info of the deprecation of the
InputFormat / OutputFormat? It is for me a little bit weird to mark APIs as
public that are now known to be deprecated.
3. "Remove the PublicEvolving annotation for the following deprecated
classes. It does not make sense for an API to be PublicEvolving and
Deprecated at the same time" - this is very common in the Flink code base
to have PublicEvolving and Deprecated at the same time. APIs that do not
survive the PublicEvolving phase will be marked as deprecated in addition.
Removing PublicEvolving in this case will break Flink API graduation rule.

Best regards,
Jing

[1]
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/1d1247d4ae6d4313f7d952c4b2d66351314c9432/flink-connectors/flink-connector-files/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/connector/file/src/impl/StreamFormatAdapter.java#L61