From: David Radley <david_rad...@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 October 2023 at 09:49
To: dev@flink.apache.org <dev@flink.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: [DISCUSS] FLIP-368 Reorganize the exceptions thrown in
state interfaces
Hi ,
The argument seems to be that the errors cannot be acted on so should be
runtime exceptions. I want to confirm that none of these errors could / should
be retriable. If there is a possibility that the state is available at some
time later then I assume a checked retriable Exception would be appropriate for
those cases; and be part of the contract with the caller. Can we be sure that
there is no possibility that the state will become available; if so then I
agree that a runtime Exception is appropriate. What do you think?

Kind regards, David.