Hi Martijn,

+1 no objections, thanks for volunteering. I'll definitely help verify the
rc when it becomes available.

I think FLIP-288 (I assume you meant this) doesn't introduce incompatible
changes since the implementation should be state compatible as well as the
default changes should be transparent to the user and actually correct
possibly erroneous behavior.

Also, the RecordEvaluator was released with Flink 1.18 (I assume you meant
this). Given the above, I'm +1 for a v3.1 release that only supports 1.18
while we support patches on v3.0 that supports 1.17. This logic is also
inline with what was agreed upon for external connector versioning [1].

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Externalized+Connector+development

Best,
Mason