Hi,

+1 for the RC2
- checksums and signatures match
- source package successfully built (but skipped the tests), rat and
checkstyle pass
- I was able to start up flume extracted from the binary package with the
sample configuration

Denes

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 9:29 PM Balazs Donat Bessenyei <bes...@cloudera.com>
wrote:

Hi All,

This is the tenth release for Apache Flume as a top-level project,

version 1.7.0. We are voting on release candidate RC2.

It fixes the following issues:

  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/flume/flume-1.7/CHANGELOG

*** Please cast your vote within the next 72 hours ***

The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), and checksums (*.md5, *.sha1)

for the source and binary artifacts can be found here:

  http://people.apache.org/~bessbd/apache-flume-1.7.0-rc2/

Maven staging repo:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflume-1020/

The tag to be voted on:

  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=commit;h=511d868

Flume's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:

  https://www.apache.org/dist/flume/KEYS

Thank you,

Donat