+1 (binding)

There are some flaky tests which are listed below but I don't think they
are release blockers.

I performed the following checks:

Binary convenience artifact:
* Signature and checksums match
* LICENSE, NOTICE, and README.md files in the binary convenience artifact
look accurate and complete relative to the jars in lib/
* Ran a very quick test with the binary artifact and it
worked: ./bin/flume-ng agent -c conf -f
conf/flume-conf.properties.template -n
agent -Dflume.root.logger=DEBUG,console
* Checked that the documentation in docs/ renders: Flume User Guide and
Flume Dev Guide are OK. Also spot-checked that the new Kafka security
documentation was included in the User Guide

Source artifact:
* Signature and checksums match
* Built Flume from the source artifact using Oracle 1.7.0_80 on Ubuntu
Linux 16.04, sanity tested the resulting binary using the above method and
it worked
* RAT checks passed
* Built a new source artifact out of the official source artifact and
compiled it
* I ran the unit tests. Most passed but the below two failed. These are
flaky tests (we have a bunch of them in Flume) so I think it's fine not to
block the release on them.
  * TestExecSource.testMonitoredCounterGroup - looks like a racy test
  * TestSpillableMemoryChannel - didn't investigate

RC2 looks good to me.

Thanks for running this release, Donat!

Mike

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Balazs Donat Bessenyei <bes...@cloudera.com