From: Mike Percy [mailto:mpe...@apache.org]
Sent: Dienstag, 13. Februar 2018 04:30
To: dev@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Merge of patch in Flume-3021?

Hi Helmut,
I see that I neglected to follow up on the other thread on this topic after
your reply about SolrServer missing from the solrj jar. Let me ask around w/
some folks I know that work on Solr and see if there is any way to retain the
SolrServer for our tests after upgrading to the new version.

Thank you very much for working on upgrading Solr. Would you mind submitting a
pull request with your (apparently work-in-progress) patch to upgrade both Solr
and ES?

To reply to your email in this thread, the JAR packaging situation is largely
the same after merging FLUME-2957 so unfortunately most of what I noted in my
reply in the other thread ( https://s.apache.org/GqcX ) still holds.

I hope that we can upgrade the Solr dependencies as part of the same commit as
the ES dependencies to avoid worrying about which lucene jar is first in the
classpath, and ensure we are not adding any additional dependency conflicts to
mvn dependency:tree.

Regards,
Mike