Hi Helmut,

here is the documentation part of the PR:
https://github.com/szaboferee/flume/blob/fa13593baa06c9d770a21fc970110e0c9abf2ef8/flume-ng-doc/sphinx/FlumeUserGuide.rst#configuration-filters

it is basically a variable substitution where the value comes from an
external source.
the PR contains 3 implementations to have a few to start with:
- Environment variable ( there was already another method to use env vars,
however, I figured it would be nice to have it in the new format to be
consistent)
- External Process where you can call a command that returns the value
- Hadoop credential store API where you can configure credential providers
documented here:
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/CredentialProviderAPI.html#Provider_Types

feel free to review it and give feedback if You like.

Best regards,
Ferenc