David Crossley wrote:
The problem is that not enough of us are working on the documentation,
nor running 'build test'. So we do not see the issues immediately.

Recently a number of changes have been made that worked in "forrest run" but not in "forrest site". We can easily avoid this by doing as David points out:


*****************************************
Always run "built test" before committing
*****************************************

Failure to do this results in someone wasting time debugging (usually David as he is on that part of the world clock that brings him to these things when most of us have gone to bed.

It doesn't have very long, when I remember to I run it in a separate shell whilst I prepare the commit commands and log messages in another shell. Usually by the time I'm finished with the commands the tests have finished.

(I am one of the culprits who recently broke SVN head so I feel safe in saying this without offending anyone).

Ross

Reply via email to