It did not seem to do any harm when I first tested it with head. Even the duplicate libs caused no problems as far as I could tell.

I agree, that might be a nice solution for 0.8 users and since we'd update the plugin to 0.9 dependant right away, it would really only be a short term solution.

wdot?

Best regards,
Ferdinand Soethe

Johannes Schaefer wrote:

would it do any harm to deliver the libs twice?

i.e. include in the 0.8 plugin (throw out for the later
versions) and in core?

I haven't had the time to test with 0.8, yet :-(

Johannes

Ferdinand Soethe schrieb:
The pdf-plugin will not work with 0.8 as is because it was decided to move critical libs from the plugin back into core.

Because of this, the plugin will only work with 0.8 if 0.8 gets patched.

What I haven't tested so far is if 0.8 will work with a locally deployed plugin that is marked for 0.9? Or would somebody wanting to use the new plugin with 0.8 also have to patch the <property name="forrest.version" value="0.8"/>?

Does anybody know or can anybody suggest a better solution?

Best regards,
Ferdinand Soethe