On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 06:52:28PM +0200, Vicent Mas wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 5:09 PM, David Crossley <cross...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 01:48:58PM +0200, Vicent Mas wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to build a website with forrest 0.10 and the dispatcher
> >> plugin. My current problem is that all my customizations are ignored. For
> >> instance, if I change the copyright in a footer it is not updated. I've
> >> used
> >> the Dispatcher Quickstart (version 0.8 is the most modern version I found)
> >> as
> >> a guide when possible.
> >
> > Not sure what you mean regarding "version 0.8".
>
> I mean this document:
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/how/howto-dispatcher-quickstart.html

Ah. When using the "dev" version of Forrest, should use the local docs.

> > The current, but perhaps out-of-date, document is in the plugin's docs.
> > Do this:
> >  cd whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher
> >  forrest run
> >  http://localhost:8888/how/howto-dispatcher-quickstart.html
>
> I've done it but I get a "Resource not found error".

That is very strange. It works locally for me.

Perhaps you need to clean your Forrest setup.
(Of course replace with Windows-specific commands.)
 cd $FORREST_HOME/main
 ./build.sh clean
 ./build.sh

Not sure what is needed to clean the Dispatcher plugin,
so do this:
 cd
$FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher
 forrest clean
 $FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant clean

Then do:
 forrest run
which should automatically build and deploy the Dispatcher plugin,
and the other plugins that it uses, from the local dev sources.
During that process the "get-local" Ant task should be indicating
that it is using the local sources.

> Anyway I've found
> the xml version of the document and the content seems to correspond to
> the document I mention above. The document talks about an
> org.apache.forrest.themes.core plugin that I'm unable to find and also
> about a pelt.fv file in that plugin, so I am lost.

Yes, because no-one has managed to update those docs yet.

As Sjur explained that old supporting plugin is not used anymore.

-David