It's not so much "my position", but rather my understanding of how it
is, according to the ASF. The name/trademark issue is between you and
the ASF, not me.

Regarding your theories of how binding or enforceable this is in front
of the law, I'm not sure. But regardless of what signing the SGA means
legally, we (you, Attila, and me) did know what intent we express with
it, which is that the new owner of the software, and of the Freemarker
name will be the ASF, and not one of us. You have understood that,
back in 2015, right? It's just that later you have changed your mind,
because you can, like, "ha ha, they can't enforce it anyway"? All
along, you could just fork that Freemarker 3 branch back from 2010
(which was abandoned by all of us, mind you), and call it Congo
Templates. But, it seems, you choose to use the Freemarker name
instead, knowing very well that it violates the name usage
expectations on ASF's side, and I suspect that's actually one big
reason for you to do it. Like out of some sort of defiance. That
combined with this burying your work, and showing off with your work
theme. Anyway, I'm not a lawyer, nor a psychologist, so I won't go
into that either.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Dekany