On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 5:47 AM, Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org> wrote:
> Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 6:47:29 AM, Woonsan Ko wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I have created two issues for this. For the non-Web-MVC part:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FREEMARKER-54
>>> and the Web MVC part that builds on the first:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FREEMARKER-55
>>
>> I've just proposed an initial pull request for FREEMARKER-55:
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-freemarker/pull/25, for your
>> reviews.
>> Please see my last comment in FREEMARKER-55 for details (what was done
>> and what's to be done).
>
> Thanks, and see my answer on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FREEMARKER-55!

Thanks a lot! I'll take a look, make changes on obvious things to
correct and ask again if necessary.

>> By the way, I'd like to build a simple spring mvc web application for
>> integration testing as spring-mvc support seems to require that and
>> unit tests might not be sufficient.
>
> Ultimately, you can start the Spring application "embedded" from
> JUnit, and then JUnit can visit the web pages (with the help of
> Selenium and such maybe). I'm not saying that we should do such
> investment right now, but as things mature we probably will have to.

I see. I remember some people add specific JUnit classes suffixed by
'IT' for integration testing purpose somewhere. Perhaps we can take a
look at that kind of examples.

>> I can do that in my own github repo, but if there's any better
>> location and if you have any suggestion, please let me know.
>
> Tests and example applications probably has a better place in the
> FreeMarke repo, but we can figure this one out later, depending on
> what comes out of it.

OK. I'll proceed whichever works now, keeping in mind that we'll merge
everything into integration tests in our repo.

Regards,

Woonsan