Hi all,

I think that we should mark the Redis adapter as experimental. This
functionality comes from the initial code grant from GemFire. It is
mentioned in the "Experimental" section of the GemFire docs [1], and as far
as I can tell, the only reason it hasn't been marked as experimental in
Geode is because no one put the annotation on when the @Experimental tag
was introduced.

The Redis adapter's performance on collection operations is pretty bad
(think 1% of Redis on a single-server configuration), and there are some
bugs outstanding (for example, [2]), so I don't think it's really ready for
general use.

What do you all think? Is anyone out there using the Redis adapter? Should
it be considered breaking to change it just because it's been released when
it wasn't marked experimental? Should we just go ahead and change it
already?

Thanks,
Galen

[1]: http://gemfire.docs.pivotal.io/geode/tools_modules/redis_adapter.html