You should never force push a shared branch, period.

It's just luck that no one has pushed the changes you intended to remove
*back* to develop. If someone has a copy of develop checked out and does a
pull, git will merge your new copy of develop with their old copy of
develop, and they'll push all that stuff right back. git revert is the only
way to go.

>I did not see a pull for Karen's changes or I would have reached out to
have them corrected.

We are an open source project. Lots of people may have a copy of develop,
and you won't know about it. It's not reasonable to break develop and
expect to be able to personally contact everyone who has a copy of it and
ask them to reset.

-Dan