Hi Marios-

It seems you and your team could be / mostly are likely dealing with a
high-volume of sensitive information, but without knowing a lot about your
UC(s) or particular application requirements/SLAs, I would recommend
starting small, simple and scale based on need.

Geode is a highly concurrent and distributed system with strong consistency
guarantees.  Prematurely breaking the logic down into many individual
microservices early (especially for individual Stored Procedures... how
complex are these?) might unduly add complexity to your application and
system architecture.

So my advice is to really evaluate the need to create individual
microservices first (which usually involves a platform like [Pivotal's]
CloudFoundry on an IaaS (or private infra) to manage effectively) vs.
starting small and just converting the Stored Procs into Geode Functions.

Geode Function executions can be distributed across the cluster (similarly
to Map-Reduce, but far more robust) in a highly available and reliable
fashion.

You might want to also read up on Geode's Partitioned Regions [1] for
effectively managing (partitioning and distributing/arranging your data).

Hope this helps.

-John

[1]
http://gemfire90.docs.pivotal.io/geode/developing/partitioned_regions/chapter_overview.html