Hell folks,

This is a very interesting discussion to provide additional migration
options for users loving SQLFire/GemFire XD.

>1. Would you be interested to have the adapter as part of Geode's code
ecosystem?

If such a adapter is embedded in GemFire (commercial version of Apache
Geode) as a result, some existing SQLFire/GemFire XD users could be
interested in it.

Because of EOSL of SQLFire/GemFire XD products, current their one of
migration paths is SnappyData (like GemFire XD + Apache Spark and etc...)
but it's too much for non-Spark users (I.e., users only needing SQL
capability for OLTP empowered by in-memory data grid).

It seems that Apache Calcite is a simple and handy solution for such users.

In terms of SQL capability of SQLFire/GemFire XD products, they are based
on Apache Derby. I hope Apache Calcite (based on the modern implementation)
is faster than Apache Derby, in terms of query speed.

Thanks, regards.

--
Akihiro Kitada  |  Staff Customer Engineer |  +81 80 3716 3736
Support.Pivotal.io <http://support.pivotal.io/>  |  Mon-Fri  9:00am to