@Alexander, I don't believe that we can use the "DISCUSS" thread to have made a decision that we are going to do something.

Imo, it gauges interest rather than making a decision.

I would rather see the "VOTE" thread to be started, detailing the proposal and process how this will work. As I don't see how we can make decision on anything that isn't clearly defined. With clearly defined, I mean, what is the process regarding a major, minor and patch release. I agree with @Anthony, that all releases are treated equally... But as @Ken and @John have stated, what happens to the *patch* number? If it becomes a redundant, red-taped release, then we might end up with only *major*.*minor* releases.

--Udo