We will need to wrap up this discussion with a decision. Looks like we are
skeptical about #4, and it's proven to work with #3 since our current jdk11
pipeline is green with this approach.

Can I propose we do #3 and document the extra configuration needed for
jdk11 for now and then work towards #1 and #2?

Here is the extra configuration to the jvm that are need to run geode under
jdk11:

--add-opens=jdk.management/com.sun.management.internal=ALL-UNNAMED"
--add-opens=java.xml/jdk.xml.internal=ALL-UNNAMED"
--add-opens=java.base/jdk.internal.module=ALL-UNNAMED"
--add-opens=java.base/java.lang.module=ALL-UNNAMED"

comments? votes?

Thanks!

--
Cheers