Hi Alberto!

Great questions.  One of the fundamental characteristics of Geode is its Group
Membership System (GMS).  You can read more about it here [1].  The membership
system ensures that failures due to unresponsive members and/or network
partitions are detected quickly.  Given that we use synchronous replication for
consistent updates, the GMS algorithms fence off unresponsive members to
preserve the availability (and predictable low latency) of the cluster as a
whole.

Another factor of resilience is memory load.  Regions can be configured to
automatically evict data to disk based on heap usage.  In addition, when a
Region exceeds a critical memory usage thresholds further updates are blocked
until the overload is resolved.

Geode clients route operations to cluster members based on connection load.
This helps balance cpu load across the entire cluster.  Cluster members can set
connection maximums to prevent overrunning the available capacity of an
individual server.

I hope this helps and feel free to keep asking questions :-)

Anthony

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Core+Distributed+System+Concepts