Currently we do not make visible per bucket stats. Is the above proposal
just to change the internal implementation but the stats visible in tools
like vsd are unchanged?

Currently we have an internal CachePerfStats which the internal
RegionPerfStats extends. Does your CacheStats replace CachePerfStats and
your RegionStats replace RegionPerfStats?

Currently we have an internal PartitionedRegionStats class. Does
your PartitionedRegionStats replace it?

Are your "*Stats" interfaces and your "*StatsImpl" classes?