+0

✅ verified that apache-geode-native-1.10.0-src.tar.gz extracts with a versioned
top-level directory
✅ set up a small cluster (2 locators, 3 servers, 1 client, ssl enabled) and ran
some simple puts, gets, and CQ.
⚠️ I cannot give “+1" yet because the release notes
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-1.10.0>
 appear unfinished.  For new features, a few words about why it’s awesome would
be nice.  AEQ-pause isn’t even mentioned at all. And maybe highlight the “top
10” bug fixes?  See release notes for 1.9.0, 1.8.0, 1.7.0, 1.6.0, 1.5.0, 1.4.0,
1.3.0, or 1.2.0 for examples of the level of detail I would hope to see when a
new minor release is announced.

Quibbles:
⚠️ to run my spring boot client for above test, I had to manually add compile
'io.micrometer:micrometer-core:1.2.0' , otherwise local region creation blows
up with “java.lang.NoSuchMethodError” due to spring-boot-starter pulling in
micrometer 1.0.3 by default.  This never happened with previous versions.  Not
sure if this is outside Geode’s control, but it felt like a poor out-of-the-box
experience...

-Owen