Hi,

It's been more than two months since the CODEOWNERS file has been in place to
automatically add reviewers to pull requests. While we have seen the great
benefit of having the experts in the matter being automatically assigned as
reviewers to each pull request, I have the feeling that the review process is
taking longer now. Some possible reasons could be:
1. Some code owners might be getting more reviews than they can cope with and
they have become a bottleneck.
2. While prior to this change only two approvals were necessary, with the new
process the number of approvals from reviewers required to approve a pull
request can be much higher than two, depending on the number of areas touched
by the PR.

Again, this might just be my feeling or something incidental and only related
to the pull requests I have been working on. In any case, I would like to know
if others are experiencing this slowdown in the review of their pull requests.

Also, I do not know if there are metrics available for the review process. For
example, the average time taken since a pull request is submitted or a change
is made on it until there is a review. Having these types of metrics would be
very useful because they would allow us to evaluate this mechanism from
perspectives other than the quality of the reviews and to propose corrective
actions if necessary.

Best regards,

Alberto