Hi Alberto!

I haven’t looked at PR review throughput metrics.  I know that is certainly an
interesting measure to keep an eye on w.r.t to the CODEOWNERS / CODEWATCHERS
processes.  I think another equally interesting metric is the “quality” of PR
reviews.  This is difficult to measure but you could think of a continuum such
as:

Level 0:  I reviewed the PR and gave you a thumbs up just because
Level 1:  I reviewed the PR and I like the names and code formatting
Level 2:  I reviewed the PR and I checked that the change has the intended
effect
Level 3:  I reviewed the PR and I checked that there is sufficient testing so
it’s safe to merge
Level 4:  I reviewed the PR and I believe this change is aligned with the goals
of the project and its architecture

(Of course these are just examples)

If the CODEOWNERS process is moving PR reviews to a higher “level” I could see
that the time and effort could increase, particularly for complex and large
changes.  Overall I would argue that’s a good thing for a project like Geode
that has lots of intrinsic complexity in the source code and domain.

IMHO,
Anthony