According to this thread[1] the scope for 1.0 was:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geode-dev/201605.mbox/%
3CCABKA6No4CQmjuzQ4Q0MY5+Nj4=e08jin8losairuoveuf+t...@mail.gmail.com%3E

GEODE-33-2 Create project examples
GEODE-1331 gfsh.bat on Windows is incorrect
GEODE-1168 geode-dependencies manifest is missing jars that are present in
the lib directory
GEODE-629 Replace use of org.json with Jackson JSON library
GEODE-607 the offheap package needs better unit test coverage
GEODE-136 Fix possible NullPointerException in Gfsh's 'list regions'
command's GetRegionsFunction.
GEODE-1191  HDFS references
GEODE-612    Update Jackson version since current version is not on Maven
central

Rebranding tickets targeted for 1.0 were:
GEODE-985 gfsh help text: rebrand for open source
GEODE-1465 Branding: rename JMX endpoints from 'Gemfire' to 'Geode'
GEODE-1466 Branding: rename gemfire.properties file to geode.properties file
GEODE-1467 Branding: Rename servlet URLs from gemfire to geode

>From above, Anthony proposed:
GEODE-37 (package renaming)
GEODE-1791 (LICENSE update)

of these, following issues are still unresolved:
GEODE-1168 geode-dependencies manifest is missing jars that are present in
the lib directory
GEODE-629 Replace use of org.json with Jackson JSON library
GEODE-136 Fix possible NullPointerException in Gfsh's 'list regions'
command's GetRegionsFunction
GEODE-1465 Branding: rename JMX endpoints from 'Gemfire' to 'Geode'
GEODE-1466 Branding: rename gemfire.properties file to geode.properties file

To me, GEODE-1168 and GEODE-629 do not seem "must have" for 1.0. Also,
GEODE-1465 is not immediately user visible, so can be skipped too. However,
I think we should target GEODE-17 for 1.0.

So, my proposal for issues to be targeted for 1.0 is:
GEODE-136 Fix possible NullPointerException in Gfsh's 'list regions'
command's GetRegionsFunction
GEODE-1466 Branding: rename gemfire.properties file to geode.properties file
GEODE-17 Provide Integrated Security
GEODE-37 (package renaming)
GEODE-1791 (LICENSE update)

Thoughts?