I know I've been guilty of submitting code for review that hasn't matched
the code style in the past.  As a result, I've checked the "reformat code"
box on the 'commit' dialog in IDEA, pointing to the IntelliJ xml formatter.

It's frustrating to me that this sort of thing is still an issue in
software development.  Ever since I've started my career, there's been
arguments about whitespace; how far to indent and what line the curly brace
goes on.  And I'm yet to be convinced one way is superior to the other.
What is easier for one to read is more difficult for another.

While I'm developing and doing frequent local builds, I do not want a build
to fail due to whitespace issues.

So I am in favor of adding this if there is an option to disable like we
can disable javadoc and tests, but enforce it by default and/or precheckin.