It would certainly be necessary to make sure that the code style to be enforced
is sensible, e.g. doe not use wildcard imports.  We would also want to make one
large commit to format all existing code before turning this on.

Mark - Thank you for the information about the existing setup.

Mark, Darrel, Kevin - Given all of your comments, I think it might make more
sense to add the flag to enable it in Travis CI rather than as part of  the
build.  This way your build pass regardless of whitespace, but the CI job would
fail on PRs if they did not adhere to the standard formatting.

Anthony - It doesn’t seem to me that turning this on would have the effect of
combining reformatting commits and logic changes.  Rather, since all code would
already be formatted, there would no longer be any reformatting commits except
for single large commits when the code style file was updated.