On Jul 13, 2004, at 5:39 PM, toby cabot wrote:

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 03:33:35PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
Is it really "now" as in "if you don't have to wait for a thread, do it
- otherwise return w/ a status indicating now wasn't possible" or "now
as in "wait until there's a thread, do it, and then return to me"?

three choices:

  doWork() - "block until it's done"
  startWork() - "block until it starts and then return"
  scheduleWork() - "return now and do the work whenever."

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/resource/spi/work/ WorkManager.html

Reading the javadoc, all three have a param which lets me specify that the work must start immediately or be rejected.

Perfect :)

geir

[EMAIL PROTECTED]