Gianny Damour wrote:

This problem is fixed. It was due to the fact that the geronimo-tomcat artifact was not copied to the geronimo repository prior to deploy TomcatGBean.

Thanks Gianny!

BTW, I have noticed a couple of "issues":
* there is an indirect dependency between Catalina (the class) and the javax.management package. I have discovered this problem when mounting the geronimo-tomcat module within Eclipse. So we will need to declare a new dependency; and

I've noticed it too, but don't see a need to declare anything yet (perhaps, because of the build order, it's still lurking and waiting to show up).

* to some extent we are lucky to have a build of geronimo-tomcat after assembly. Indeed, geronimo-tomcat assumes that the assembly module has been built, yet it does not declare a dependency to force a correct build order. I think that geronimo-tomcat should be installed like the other modules (e.g. geronimo-jetty).

Yes, that's totally true. There're a lot of work to do and I hope the things you've raised will encourage someone to jump in and help with the stuff. That's a fabulous time to contribute for anyone who keeps asking yourself what to work on.

Gianny

Jacek