I don't parse the data at startup. The data gets parsed by a tssConfigEditor and a cssConfigEditor at deployment time. You would know that if you read the code. Oh, wait...

Regards, Alan P.S. Yes, the schema and editors are on openejb-builder, Mr. Jenks!

David Blevins wrote:

Just wondering if we aren't side-stepping the deployment system rather than expanding it to meet our needs. The idea of gbeans parsing xml at startup and configuring themselves creeps me out. The config data in the xml won't always be valid and the xml won't always be well formed.

I've often thought that a component should be able to have it's own chunk of xml and it's own logic for configuring the component using that xml.

-David