On Sep 20, 2005, at 12:46 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

To recap, milestone and release candidates are both useful at different times. Milestones are alpha snapshots and are not supported. Release candidates are snapshots of beta software and are not supported. The last release candidate that is officially released is what is supported.

I agree.

But are we confusing the issue of "what do we support?" and "how do we do releases?" I was hoping just to get a branch/tag policy - don't delete things so we have a pattern than a casual observer can follow.

Anyway, there's one other thing to think about - When do we want to make a release that we are willing to support?

I think that will help make users comfortable in using it.

geir

[EMAIL PROTECTED]