From: Bruce Snyder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 3:52 PM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports?

On 12/3/05, Dain Sundstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is part of our clean room implementation of JavaMail, so any of
the mail client just uses JavaMail won't help us.

This one looks promising http://java-source.net/open-source/mail-
clients/snowmail as it claims that "all protocols have been
reimplemented from scratch (Mime, POP, SMTP)" and it is Freeware.

Maybe we can get them to extract the protocols, or donate them to
Geronimo.  Bruce do you have time to pursue this?

Yep, I'm already all over this because I've done a fair amount of
research into these items. I'll respond with a full breakdown this
afternoon.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/