On Dec 5, 2005, at 11:15 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

As for your research, it looks good. Let' concentrate on building a
good base of the implementations for the Message and the Store for
both POP3 and IMAP before we get into authentication, encryption and
the like. If we build a well designed base then extending it to handle
addition things will be much easier.

Bruce, I think it would be cool if Rick does the SMTP auth and encryption stuff right away. It should be orthogonal to the work you guys are doing on the inbound stuff. Also, I think having a really good SMTP implementation is a hight priority as most J2EE apps only send email.

-dain