On 12/5/05, Dain Sundstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2005, at 11:15 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:
>
> > As for your research, it looks good. Let' concentrate on building a
> > good base of the implementations for the Message and the Store for
> > both POP3 and IMAP before we get into authentication, encryption and
> > the like. If we build a well designed base then extending it to handle
> > addition things will be much easier.
>
> Bruce, I think it would be cool if Rick does the SMTP auth and
> encryption stuff right away.  It should be orthogonal to the work you
> guys are doing on the inbound stuff.  Also, I think having a really
> good SMTP implementation is a hight priority as most J2EE apps only
> send email.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear there. Yes, I have no problem with
authentication on SMTP. WRT POP3, I see no point in tackling
authentication until a plain, vanilla version of the POP3 stuff is in
place and tested.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/